How to tame baby hair naturally ? Home-made methods
Is your baby hair giving you a hard time?
No wonder! These fine, unruly little hairs have an annoying tendency to frizz, especially if you have natural hair…
The solution? Tame it and turn it into a beauty asset!
Discover below the best methods to discipline your baby hair and style it perfectly.
Enjoy your reading !
What is baby hair?
Baby hair is the small, unruly hair, similar to baby fuzz, that invades the base of the forehead and neck.
It’s an understatement to say that baby hair can be a pain to deal with: it’s unruly and tends to curl. And if you have natural hair, it’s even more unmanageable!
However, even if it’s not necessarily the most beautiful, it can be a beauty asset if you know how to tame it. That’s what we’ll see next!
How to tame your baby hair?
Discover how to style your baby hair and make it obey your every word!
How do you plait your baby hair?
If you want to do a protective hairstyle such as a braid or a bun, it is essential that you style your baby hair beforehand. This will make it easier for you to do braids such as short knotless braids for example.
Here are the items you will need to flatten your baby hair:
- A comb or toothbrush
- Natural moisturising gel
How to do it:
Apply a small amount of gel to the roots of your baby hair
Gently comb or brush the gel into the hair
Style it as you wish
Comb through and you’ve got stylish baby hair!
How to style your hair with baby hair?
Here are the steps to styling with baby hair:
- Start by defining your baby hair with a comb
- Gently brush the hair to avoid frizz, then apply a dab of gel or wax to a toothbrush
- Flatten the baby hair and give it the desired pattern
- Leave to dry for a few moments, and you’re done!
The silk scarf tip for baby hair
If you want to keep your baby hair looking good all day, dampen it and then wrap it in a silk scarf.
The moisture will help the scarf stay in place and your hair will stay nice and soft.
This method is also great for preventing frizz and can be used on all hair types.
What product should I use for baby hair?
To style your baby hair, you can prepare a moisturising mask using aloe vera gel, cream of rice, cornstarch or honey. These natural ingredients are perfect for providing moisture and essential nutrients to your hair.
Discover the best hair care products for natural curly hair.
You can also prepare a protein mask to help style baby hair. This type of treatment is particularly recommended if you have natural hair.
How to get rid of baby hair? Home-made methods and tips
Here are some ways to get rid of your baby hair:
- Style it on your wet hair to limit breakage
- Gently detangle with a coarse toothbrush or boar’s hair brush for natural hair.
- Use a toothbrush to flatten and discipline your hair
- Apply a nourishing oil or spray daily to soften and moisturise your natural hair, this will help moisturise your baby hair and make it easier to style
- Give your hair a weekly hair mask to nourish and strengthen it. This will help prevent breakage and make baby hair stronger
- Avoid tight hairstyles that can break the fragile hair fibre of baby hair. Instead, opt for loose styles that don’t put too much tension on the hair
- Wait until your hair is dry before styling it with a hairdryer or straightening iron. This will prevent heat damage
- Apply UV protection to your hair if you are going to be in the sun for a long time
Apply some of these tips regularly and you’ll soon be rid of your baby hair for good!
Baby hair and natural hair
Baby hair can be particularly difficult to manage if you have 4c hair.
The reason? These little hairs are even finer than the rest of your hair, which makes them less manageable.
But despite this, baby hair can frame your face in a very flattering way, even if you have afro hair!
With a little effort, you can certainly tame those unruly locks!
How to grow baby hair?
Here are some tips on how to grow baby hair:
- Use castor oil: As you probably know, castor oil is one of the best oils for accelerating hair growth. It is rich in nutrients and antioxidants, which help nourish hair follicles and promote growth.
- Incorporate hair growth supplements into your hair routine: A good growth supplement can also do wonders for baby hair. Look for one that contains biotin, this vitamin is essential for healthy hair growth
- See the best supplements for natural hair.
- Massage your scalp: Massaging the scalp helps stimulate blood flow to the hair follicles, which promotes hair growth
- Drink plenty of water: It can’t be said enough, but the best way to hydrate hair is simply to drink water!
It’s time to embrace your baby hair, and even the biggest stars are taking advantage of it!
Does baby hair grow back?
Yes, baby hair can grow back! However, it is important to take a few steps to encourage their growth. These include
- Pay attention to your diet. You can also take vitamins that are beneficial for hair growth, such as B vitamins.
- Take oil baths regularly
- Reduce the frequency of hair washing, especially if your hair tends to be dry
You know everything you need to know about how to care for and manage your baby hair! And don’t forget to give your hair some love, that’s how it’ll take care of itself